Monday, February 20, 2017

Thomas Rottinghaus' "Graywulf"

Title: No Connection
“Graywulf” by Thomas Rottinghaus  

Reviewed by T’s Blogging

Good morning family, friends, and page watchers. Let me take a deep breath before I pour out my soul.
      The first few chapters of any book will either force the reader to continue onward or halt their progression, which forces them to find another read. As for Author Thomas Rottinghaus’ fantasy novel, Graywulf, I fell in love with the first chapter. The written artistry is so vivid and imaginative that readers can mentally visualize Lynch and Ned Roark trudging through a mountainous terrain; they can witness the evil and fear of the two children, and see Ned Roark’s soul leaving his body as he reveals that the magii’ri are coming for Lynch. However, something happened halting my connection?
     I am unsure what transpired along my journey into Rottinghaus’s world, but I laid this book down and picked it up a total of four times over the past year. And each time I was unable to proceed pass chapter three. The first chapter truly stimulated my need to figure out what happened to Lynch, who were the magiir’ri, and so forth. However, chapter two really soiled this book for me. I was so captivated by Lynch that I desired…, no I needed the next chapters to be about that character. Instead, when the story began to discuss Scribes and Nish, I was completely turned off and just could not get into the feel of the novel.
     Although my next statement is unprecedented and so unlike me, I have decided not to rate this book. I’ve also decided to write another review on this read once the connection is made. Call me crazy, but I must finish this read to give an honest review. I ask that the author be patient with me, or simply take this review for what it is worth, which is informational. The excitement in chapter one quickly declined, and though Graywulf is only book one of the series as well as the point that some of the boring information or the foundation needs to be established, some readers are unable to remain connected with such a huge falling-off.  
    
Until next time. Happy reading.


T’s Blogging 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a book suggestion? Let me know.

**ALERT! English and Communication Majors: McWood Publishing is looking for creative interns! Visit www.mcwoodpub.com for more information**